The Views at St. Joseph’s
A legacy of caring and compassion
St. Joseph’s commitment to serving the community dates back to 1913 when the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto came to the Comox Valley and established their first hospital in Western Canada, a four-bedroom farmhouse.
Today, The Views at St. Joseph’s, a long-term care community, is owned and operated by Providence Living, a faith-based, non-profit health care organization established by Providence Health Care to redefine the collective expectation of seniors’ care in British Columbia.
The Views at St. Joseph’s upholds the tradition of community service set by the founding sisters, and furthers their legacy of providing compassionate care to seniors while valuing the dignity and meeting the unique needs of each person.
- Jennifer Chaboteaux: Director of Care, Jennifer.email@example.com
- Denise McLellan: Assistant Director of Care, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelley Romeril: Director Site Support Operations, Kelley.email@example.com
About the Views
More About the Views
Volunteering at the Views
Volunteers are essential at The Views. Their friendship with residents alleviates loneliness, helplessness, and boredom. Our volunteers are valued members of our health care team, making immeasurable differences by giving freely of their time and talents.
Please print out and complete volunteer application form.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities for both youth and adults at The Views, including:
• Visiting, baking, playing cards and games
• Participating with exercise groups, movie nights, meal assistance, community excursions
• Helping in the art studio and garden
• Teaching computer skills and providing nail care
• Organizing coffee socials, church and spiritual services
Contact the Manager of Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 778-431-0280 x 68783.